Formerly with Touché CSL and NatWest Bank, Richard specialised in structured finance and interest rate risk management. He is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
Treasury Management, New Debt Funding (Banks and Capital Markets), Debt Restructuring and Interest Rate Derivatives, Training.
Richard jointly established Murja Limited in 2004 as a specialist Treasury Management Advisory business. For more than 10 years the company has advised a range of clients (Registered Providers and Higher and Further Education Institutions) on a range of funding solutions and interest rate management strategies. In total Richard has assisted clients in arranging circa £5 billion of funding from a range of funding sources.
Recent projects that Richard has been involved in include:
- First Private Placement for a Scottish Housing Association
- First combined Bank revolving credit facility/private Placement structure in the UK
- Development of a new funding vehicle to deliver social housing in Scotland
- Advising a number of Higher Education Institutions on raising finance via the European Investment Bank
- Development of an unsecured lending market between Local Authorities and Registered Providers
- Murja Limited – Director
- Tullett Prebon – Head of Structured Finance Team
- CSL – Manager
- NatWest Bank – Manager Corporate Lending