Risk management and assurance, financial strategy, financial compliance, merger due diligence, value for money and Sector Scorecards, accounting, taxation, pensions, treasury, providing financial support and training to boards and non-finance executives.
Joseph is Director of Finance Solutions, responsible for leading and developing Altair’s range of Financial services. He is a qualified accountant with over 25 years experience and over 18 years working in social housing.
During his 8.5 years at the National Housing Federation, he oversaw the introduction of the revised Housing SORP and successfully lobbied the Bank of England for the inclusion of housing association bonds in the 2016 Quantitative Easing programme. Joseph has extensive public speaking experience, including demystifying and presenting, often complex and arcane financial issues, to non-executive boards and non-financial executives.
- Recent projects that Joseph has been involved in include:
- Development of risk register, golden rules and resilience statement
- Review of asset and liability register
- Financial due diligence exercise
- Implementation of value for money strategies and sector scorecards
- Review of the impact of transitioning from LIBOR to SONIA (the Sterling Overnight Index Average) on housing association finances
- jc&a consulting – Director
- National Housing Federation – Policy Leader
- PricewaterhouseCoopers – Tax Manager
- Deloitte – Tax Manager